Sunday, March 18, 2007

Not Giving Up--Online Book Club Reprise

A few posts ago, I suggested that we start an "online book club." It would be much like a "traditional" book club in that everyone reads the same book then gets together to discuss it. Our "get together" discussion place would be this blog. I asked for ideas for books that you would like to read, which would, of course, need to be available online.

Okay, so there wasn't an overwhelming response to my suggestion . . . but that doesn't mean I'm giving up! In fact, I'm hoping to add another level to this idea. Let's open our "online book club" to another group of students from another school. I have a friend who teaches technology courses at Loyalsock Township High School. She offered up her Advanced Computer Applications class as possible participants in our online book club.

And I think that the book suggestion The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie is an excellent choice (thanks, Val). Agatha Christie's writing career spanned more than half a century. She wrote 80 novels and short story collections and over a dozen plays. The chapters of her books are short and easy, mysterious and addicting. If nothing else, you can say you've participated in this whole "online book club" process.

Your first reading assignment--the Prologue and Chapter 1 The Young Adventurers, Ltd.--is due by Friday, March 23. A few discussion starter questions will be posted on Friday the 23rd in this blog and everyone is free to comment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Spear,
The idea for the Online Book Club sounds great with me. I enjoy reading alot, more than most people would believe. . . but to get to the point. I give the idea two thumbs up.

Mrs. Spear said...

Great, Amber. What's the last book you read?