Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sometimes You Hit a Lull

Sometimes you go full force and strong with a project or idea and sometimes you hit a lull. I don't fret over those things. I figure everything gets done in good time. Although I did hit a lull in my blog posts during the past week, I have been toying with an idea for the past few days. So here it is . . . how about an online, blogging book club. You do like to read don't you? What do you say we pick an online book to read and then periodically post our impressions of the book in this blog. This will, of course, be an ongoing endeavor. First we need to find a book online that we will all enjoy reading. I'm looking for suggestions. Go searching for online book sites and then for some enjoyable reading. Let me know what you come up with.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I love reading, and I think a joint project like this would be a really good idea. I found this book online and I think that because it is by one of the greatest authors of all time and part of the curriculum in many school anyway we should read The adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. The link is http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/Mark_Twain/Adventures_of_Huckleberry_Finn/. Either that or a mystery by Agatha Christie called The Secret Adversary. The link is http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/Agatha_Christie/The_Secret_Adversary/

Mrs. Spear said...

Thanks, Val, for your input. These two book are certainly worthwhile reading. Let's see what everyone else suggests, and then we'll make a collective decision. Meanwhile, I've listed your two book suggestions under links.

Anonymous said...

Well when it comes to reading it's really not one of my favorite things to do. But sometimes I here about some really great books or some book catches my eye and I happen to read it but I normally just don't go and read a book but I do have a couple of favorite books. Here is a link to one of them that tells you about it :)
http://www.literatureplace.com/bookfolios/bookfolio.asp?BookfolioID=11
Megan*

Mrs. Spear said...

Megan: I am familiar with the book, Hatchet. However, I'm not sure if it is available to read "online." Why don't you check it out. Keep us posted. If you can't find it online, choose another book that is available online. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Here is a poetry book its called, A study of Poetry. http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/gutbook/lookup?num=8221 -ashley

Anonymous said...

I think that reading poetry would be a great idea too. I found an online book called A Study of Poetry with a lot of different poems in it. I would enjoy reading this book, but I think reading Hamlet would be better. The site for the book is http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/gutbook/lookup?num=8221 in case you are still interested. ~ashley~

Anonymous said...

yeah..I really like this book alot. But I think I'm going to have and try to find another book because I'm not seeming to find the book online. So since im not into the hole book thing, do you have any good books i could maybe search for? :)

Megan*