Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pack your back and take it with you!

Do you carry a backpack? Does it have lots of your life stuff in it? Would you like to convert all that important stuff to a digitally organized, always available, and less heavy format? Then check out backpackit.com. The New York Times, Business Week, PC World and more have really good things to say about it. With over 300,000 people using the site, you can keep your to-do lists, notes, ideas, and calendar online with backpackit. And you can keep it private or share. It’s up to you. The uses of the site are literally endless. But specifically for students this site would be great for

  • notetaking
  • homework, exam, and project reminders
  • compiling resources
  • posting club or organization information
  • your school and work schedules
  • posting your favorites pictures
  • keeping track of all your favorites in one spot

You’ll start with a homepage and then add more pages as needed. You can set up lists, notes, and add a writeboard which has RSS capabilities. Save your favorites, keep a calendar, and be totally organized all in one spot. Here’s my backpack example.

4 comments:

Ms. Emery said...

I’ll be signing up!

The potential for this site to organize my life has me completely excited.

This tool could assist me in keeping all of my calendars organized. This would be beneficial in organizing my 3 children’s sporting events and making those calendars available to family members.

Anonymous said...

An interesting site! I've signed up to give it a try. It would be an easy way to check your schedule wherever you would have internet access.

Caroline said...

If I've commented twice, please forgive me. I find it interesting that we both picked the same tool to post about. I think this would be beneficial for busy college students. I liked the way you showed how to use it. Very well done!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to me that there are so many applications becoming available that are Web-based, so that you don't need to load software or have access to a particular hard drive. I'm not sure I'm ready to throw away my PDA yet, but the first time I saw a Web-based technology,I got very excited. Imagine - no need to remember the flash drive, and no fear that the particular file I need won't be on it!