Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Let's Go Global

I'm a Today Show fan. I'm especially entertained and enlightened by the annual "Where in the World is Matt Lauer" trek. It always makes me think globally as he wanders into some very obscure, historical, and unknown places. Places you don't really ever think about until you've had a good lesson from Matt. Let's use this blog post to learn something new about our world. Search the Internet, pick a city, a place, a geographical location, a river, a jungle, a desert . . . you get it . . . and provide information . . . fact, fiction, history, folktale, statistics . . . you get it . . .in your comment. I anxiously await your findings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well this isn't exactly an unknown or uncharted territory or anything but I think that I am going to provide a few tidbits of information about New York City. Although I would probably never live there, the area, people, and other cultural things there never cease to amaze me. One thing I discovered was There are 6,374.6 miles of streets in New York City. That is a ton of street. Just about twice the length of this country...WOW.

Mrs. Spear said...

Good tidbit of information about New York City. Globally speaking, NYC is in our backyard. Let's really reach out.

Anonymous said...

This is alittle bit of information about Japan for me to share.

Capital: Tokyo
Population: 127,417,244
Location: Eastern Asia, island chain between the North Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Japan, east of the Korean Peninsula
Chief of State: Emperor Akihito Head of Government: Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

Ever since my brother got engaged to a japanese women, Tomoe I wanted to know all I could about japan and its cultures. I have come to realise that our customs around here are by far different.