Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words . . . or less

I've just completed an online class--Digital Photography in the Classroom--using Picasa, which is Google's web service to find, edit, and share photos. I've been taking digital pictures for six years now and love being able to easily share, edit, manipulate, and store photos. The course I took made me realize how much digital imagery there is on the internet and thought I would post a photo here in my blog. Take a look at this photo and let your mind just wander. Then take a moment or two and comment in less than a thousand words what that picture makes you think, feel, wonder, hope.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Spear, this picture is so beautiful. It makes me want to know what is beyond the clouds. The light is kind of bouncing off and creating these beautifully shaded rays. Just looking at it provides a quick escape from this world and takes me off to another place. It is relaxing and soothing all at the same time. Once again, great picture.

Anonymous said...

This photo makes me feel very relaxed. I just want to lay in my yard and be able to look up at the sky and see this image. It's so pretty, I think I could just stare at it and be relaxed all day long. When I look at the bottom right corner of the picture, where the clouds look darker, I wonder if they might be rain clouds.

-Amanda

Anonymous said...

Wow Mrs. Spear, this picture is deffinetly so beautiful and very colorful. When I look at this picture alot of things come into my mind. I feel so relaxed and the stress just comes off my shoulders. In the summer time I love to go out side and lay in the grass and look at all the wonderful clouds and then sun. It would be so nice to be able to look at something like this. :)

megan**

Anonymous said...

Well thats cool. I hope you enjoyed yourself while taking the class.
Really beautiful picture as well, It makes me feel...at peace with myself. Its simply amazing.

-Amber

Mrs. Spear said...

Thanks, all, for your comments. I love the different shades of blue and the dark blue rays coming out from behind the cloud. Do any of you know what kind of cloud this is? Amanda, I agree with you . . . the bottom right of the cloud definitely looks ominous. A nasty storm could be lurking. I guess there's good and bad, beautiful and ugly, calm and stressful, light and dark in everything.