Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Chapter 4--Who is Jane Finn?--Discussion

We get a little more information about the main characters in this chapter as well as more of a link to the Prologue. And seems there's a little history lesson in this chapter as well.

  • In what time period is the book based?
  • What's the history lesson?
  • What more do we know about Mr. Beresford aka Tommy?
  • What's the link to the Prologue?
  • Who do you think can be trusted at this point? and Who cannot be trusted?
  • Define: Boche, billet, Labour Party, Boer

Feel free to comment on any of these discussion points or add your own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I can't answer your question about Jane Finn. As you know I didn't get too far in the reading...

...I'm way behind in reading my other book as well. I have to pick it up.

--Amber

Anonymous said...

I think this book takes place in the older days. Just because Agatha Christie wrote these a while ago. The link to the prologue is Jane Finn as the girl on the boat that took the letter from the man. I think Tommy and Tuppence are the only ones that can be trusted because they are the only ones that have an outside interest in what is happening.
This book is definitily getting more suspensful.